Nestled up in the valley looking down on St Brides Bay, peacefully tucked away along the prettiest stone lined drive you’ll find our beautifully furnished one bedroom Welsh stone barn conversion, The Dairy, boasting both modern coastal style and charm, combining gorgeous character features with modern amenities. Located in the stunning Pembrokeshire National park, Newgale beach is only 1.5 miles away, with charming Solva and historic St Davids only a short drive away.
Our beautiful bijous retreat bursting with Welsh charm, complete with flagstone slate flooring, beams, characterful stone walls and cosy wood burner, offers fabulous accommodation for 2 people in a king-sized master with stunning coastal views out across the rolling countryside and down towards St Brides bay from the kitchen window - the perfect couples retreat - the only trouble is, you just won't want to leave!
Quite simply, we just love what we do and it is our love for Pembrokeshire which is felt in every bit of your holiday experience with us - from the Welsh stone of the walls themselves, to the local artists who have filled this wonderful space, to the thoughtful locally sourced welcome goodies and the spades of local knowledge and holiday tips you’ll find in your cottage and from the owners!
We live and breathe this beautiful county and are here to ensure you have the most amazing holiday, leaving with the biggest smiles on your faces and memories that will last a lifetime!
Charming open-plan kitchen, lounge and diner
A newly fitted shaker kitchen complete with that blissful view out onto open fields and St Brides Bay beyond, dishwasher, coffee machine and an open-plan dining area offers the perfect spot for long dinner chats, cooking, eating and relaxing together. There are characterful stone walls, stunning locally crafted windows and beams throughout.
The lounge area is light and spacious with it’s impressive vaulted ceiling, yet cosy and beautifully furnished in a coastal palette complete with the comfiest of sofas, local art, and a charming wood burner. The perfect spot for unwinding after a day’s adventures. There is a TV, DVDs, local books and games provided - offering plenty of entertainment whatever the weather!
Stunning king-sized master bedroom
The romantic master is beautifully styled and is wonderfully light and airy with the comfiest of beds and offers plenty of space to hang clothes in an open closet space.
The finer touches - from the delicately plush pillows to the beautifully crafted windows and full length mirror - really make this room a very special space.
Heated towel rail, the fluffiest of towels, underfloor heating, the generous sized walk-in shower and marbles tones throughout offer a real indulgent luxury feel to this bathroom space.
Although The Dairy adjoins the main farmhouse here at Pantier, you have complete privacy in your own secluded outside patio area complete with seating for a perfect evening of alfresco dining. Sit back, relax and listen to the sound of the waves rolling up the valley.
THE DAIRY ESSENTIALS:
* Bijous open plan one level stone barn conversion beautifully styled in a modern coastal palette in a beautiful rural coastal location in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
* Gorgeous local welcome pack goodies on arrival - including welsh cakes, locally made soap and shampoo bars, seasonal Pantier jam or sloe gin or fresh eggs when available! Coffee pods, tea bags, sugar, milk, olive oil and condiments also provided. Also be sure to check out the 'Pantier shed' - where our own organic produce, logs, prints and more are available for our guests to buy!
* Eco-conscious hosts who are committed to doing our bit to help the environment (see our eco-host policy!)
* Brand new open plan kitchen, diner and lounge, complete with dishwasher and coffee maker, cosy log burner and views from the kitchen window right down the valley to the sunset over St Brides bay
* The comfiest king sized bedroom with stunning shower-room
* The perfect romantic retreat for two – complete with gorgeous patio area for an alfresco glass or two in the Pembrokeshire sunshine!
* Bursting with the Welsh charm you love – original stone walls and slate flooring combine with our unique touch of modern coastal styling!
* Lots of well thought out extras - rainy day games and DVDs, lovely selection of local books and maps, well placed sockets in every room (!), hairdryer and fan
* Full to bursting welcome pack with all our special hints and tips of all to see and do in this fabulous county
* Local pub – The Victoria Inn (complete with microbrewery and dart board!) is only 1 mile away and serves food daily
* Local shop – well-stocked convenience store and post office in Roch village is only a few minutes drive away. St Davids with its fabulous delis and butcher and Haverfordwest's supermarkets and M&S are within an easy drive
* Local beach – the Blue flag splendour of Newgale and its 2 miles of golden sand is only a few minutes drive away
* All bed linen, bath towels, fuel, electric, WiFi and starter pack of wood for woodburner included
* Washing machine and dryer are available in the main farmhouse if required
* Our Eco-Host Policy*
Together we can save our planet.
At Pantier we are committed to doing our little bit to help the environment.
We hope to add more to this list over the coming months, but here are just some of the ways we are trying to be eco-conscious hosts:
> Thoughtful waste and recycling - we are proud that Pembrokeshire and Wales have some of the highest recycling targets in the world with Wales hoping to become a zero waste nation by 2050 with no waste ending up in landfill! We would so appreciate it if you can help us by recycling as much as possible in the bins provided - all easy to follow recycling info is in the cottage!
> Reduce single use plastics -
- Sustainably sourced toilet roll - no plastic packaging!
- Washable and reusable eco kitchen sponges and washable microfibre towels are provided in the kitchen which can be used as an alternative to kitchen towel.
- Refillable glass milk bottle, cooking oil and condiments.
- Locally made soap and shampoo bars by the lovey Paul from Six Foot and Clean in Roch are provided!
- We try and keep all our hand soap, washing up liquid and cleaning products preferably eco (plant based) and in recycled and / or refillable containers.
- Tupperware and foil (which can be recycled) rather than single use cling film.
- Reusable shopping bags are provided to save on plastic bags!
> We think locally -
- The wood provided for the log burners are locally sourced from Celtic Camping on the St Davids Peninsula and we have also started our own short rotational willow coppice woodland with a plan to plant 1000 trees over the next 5 years.
- Welcome treats and the goodies in our Pantier Shed are as locally sourced as possible or even homemade - foraged and grown by us and our hens!
- We have lots of suggestions of local walks, eateries and fabulous things to 'sea' and do in our guidebook - all within a short walk or drive from Pantier!
> We love + protect our beautiful natural environment here!
- We grow trees which we plant in our woodland!
- We provide owl boxes, insect houses and plant wildflowers here at Pantier.
- We actively support a number of green initiatives locally, including local beach cleans (please join in with a 2 minute clean whenever you can!) and Community Energy Pembrokeshire (CEP) which hopes to create affordable sustainable green energy alternatives for the people of Pembrokeshire.
Pembrokeshire is a truly special place.
There is an aura here, a palpable excitement, a feeling that something quite extraordinary is around every corner - and there is. With 186 miles of breathtaking coastal path on offer, including over 50 stunning beaches, castles steeped in the most amazing myths and legends and world renowned island nature reserves, all stirred up with the friendliest and inspired bunch of people whose love for their county is infectious, you’ve struck holiday gold.
Your welcome pack in The Dairy is full to bursting with our own special top tips of all the things to see and do here, including our favourite days out and eateries - from beaches to castles, to museums, to wildlife parks, there is something for everyone at any time of year. Be sure to check out my Airbnb guidebook too - 'Mrs Jones' Pembrokeshire' - which includes lots of these lovely suggestions of fabulous things to 'sea' and do in the area with some local top tips thrown in too!
Below are just a few gorgeous ideas to get your Pembrokeshire adventure started!
The Dairy is only a 1.5 mile drive to the stunning Blue Flag beach at Newgale. With its 2 miles of golden sand and a surf and watersports activity centre on site there is so much on offer for families, surfers and walkers alike - with the famous Pembrokeshire Coastal Path offering some of the most spectacular scenery in Wales. A hop, skip and a jump to the next cove, the small but beautiful beach of Nolton Haven, is a fabulous spot for a kayak at high tide and the local stables on site offer the most wonderful coastal hacks down to glorious Druidstone beach and beyond. Ever fancied an exhilarating gallop through the waves? Go on, now’s your chance!
For those in search of local craft, culture and foodie delights, we are only a short drive to the picturesque harbour village of Solva, perfect for some fish and chips and crabbing on the harbour, and charming St David’s, the smallest city in the UK but with the biggest of hearts. With its beautiful ancient cathedral, festivals, galleries, trendy shops and eateries, it’s a hub for art lovers and foodies alike. However, if you do find yourself feeling a little adventurous, why not hop on a boat trip to Ramsay Island. Dramatic caves and crystal blue waters full of dolphins, whales, puffins and seals, make for a trip to remember! When in Rome as they say ;)
Brandy Brook walk
If you fancy a local walk - the beautiful valley of Brandy Brook is only down the hill! So pack yourself a picnic and follow the beautiful stream towards the ruins of an old mill.
FURTHER AFIELD - NORTH AND SOUTH ADVENTURES
The Dairy is in the perfect location for exploring both north and south Pembrokeshire - with both areas offering up their own unique personalities. You may choose to head north in search of the rugged beauty of the northern coastline, the blue lagoon at Abereiddy or perhaps the wild and unique Preseli mountains, where Stonehenge’s blue stones originated, or head south and explore the Dale Peninsular, Skomer island and it’s remarkable puffins, Pembroke’s historic castle, or the soft golden sands of Tenby south beach.
Whether you’re after exhilarating adventures or life’s best and simple pleasures, whether it’s sea safaris rich with puffins and seals, surfing for the first time or long summer days at the beach, castle hopping, crabbing on the harbour, coastal walks and lingering pink-red sunsets, there is a Pembrokeshire holiday for everyone and our Coach House is the perfect place from which to discover, relax, rejuvenate, and just be together.
Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Bretland