4000sf cozy & beautiful VIEW in the 46 PEAKS area accommodates 12 in Adirondack Park. Steps away from Lake Champlain, ferry to Burlington & Ausable Chasm, 35min Whiteface/Lake Placid. Ideal accommodations for families and outdoorsmen. Stone firepit, sauna (soon), pool table, games. Wildlife comes with the territory, safety comes first. Cool local cheesemaker, butcher and brewery near by.
Situated on a small hill top in the Adirondacks, the house has a beautiful view on lake Champlain. Lake Champlain is the 13th biggest lake in North America 120 miles long and up to 6 miles wide. The Adirondack Park and its 46 peaks cover more than twice the surface of Yosemite & Yellowstone parks combined.
The house is vast and fully equiped for your comfort and safety. Up a private road, the house sits on 8 acres of land and wilderness.
The house accommodates families, small groups and larger groups:
- The outdoorzy with trails, wildlife, a large firepit, sporting equipment (double kayak etc) ...
- The foody with a fully equiped kitchen (pasta maker, kitchenAid, espresso machine, fondue kit, waflle maker, 2 sets of 12 dinning ware etc), large BBQ and large dining table...
- The indoorzy with a 55in flat screen, 100+ dvds, Play Station, pool table, games, reading and internet.
Hiking the 46 Adirondack High Peaks is recognized as one of the greatest challenges. People come from all around to tackle these impressive mountains, and there is a select group that has climbed all 46 - the Adirondack 46ers. If you are interested in taking on the 46 peaks, then make sure you review High Peaks FAQs for rules, regulations, and all the info you need to know to get started.
Go get cheese and more at Clover mead farm on Mace Chasm corner Soper and tasty brew on Thurdays, Fridays and Saturdays at Ausable brewery down Mace Chasm road.
Harmony golf course/club is 1.5 miles down the road and has a fun pub/restaurant.
The Lake Placid Lodge is a Relais et Chateaux (45min) and has a great pub. Maggies.
Upper Deck is a great restaurant at the Wilsboro Marina (15min south). Gorgeous view on the bay and sailboats.
The Adirondack Wildlife Refuge (35min) has wolves, coyotes, bobcats, owls, hawks, eagles etc. Free (donations are welcomed).
Etc... reach out to me for questions and info.
Samskipti við gesti
Feel Free to reach out to me anytime.
Annað til að hafa í huga
White tail deer, eastern coyotes, wildcats, prey birds, grass snakes & criters come with the territory.
Safety comes first, bug repellent is a must and body inspections should be done regularly.
The rare tick bite or improbable porcupine encounter are a possibility. Enjoy nature but be careful!
- (new policy) Put dirty sheets and towels in the hamper next to the washing machine and make the beds as you found them with the spare sheets provided. Your collaboration in putting the house back in order keeps the price reasonable for you and others to enjoy.
- Bring your memories with you, don't leave them behind. Leave with your trash bags, you will find containers at rest areas. *trash bags are at your disposal in the pantry
- The cleaning lady handles washing and folding the sheets, the floors, dusting and making sure everything is set for the following guests. Let me know when you leave if the house will run out of any essentials.
- Firewood, gas for the BBQ, sheets, towels and incedentals are included. Condiments, spices and everything in the fridge are also at your disposal in the kitchen.
- No glass near the Firepit, red cups and paper plates are at your disposal for that area.
- Take pictures when you arrive, they will come in handy when you prepare to leave.
- Breakage happens, feel comfortable to tell me and we will deal with it responsibly.
Relax and enjoy the view!