• Large, bright, airy apartment in High Park, on the Bloor/Danforth subway line
• Equipped, modern kitchen; updated bathroom; parquet hardwood floors; hammock!; big balcony
• Private room with very comfortable bed, and private television in your bedroom (quiet time after 11:00 pm on work nights), with cable and PVR
• Apartment is actually steps to two subway stations (Keele & High Park) and High Park itself
*** Please read the house rules and the whole listing before sending a request ***
This shared 2-bedroom/1-bathroom apartment is big, bright and airy. A corner unit of over 700 sq.ft, with wall-to-wall windows. There is a large balcony for an additional 100 sq.ft of outdoor space to enjoy the fresh air and people-watch.
The kitchen is modern, and opens into a sunny and spacious combined living/dining area as well as into the large, tiled balcony.
The sunny guest bedroom features a very comfortable double sized bed, along with a night stand, personal flat-screen TV with cable and PVR, and a decent-sized closet.
This booking is for one person only - no guests of guests.
Guests have full access to the living room, kitchen, bathroom, and of course your private bedroom.
There is a television (with cable), loads of DVDs and a basic wifi package.
There is a laundry room in the building - top up the "Sparkle" laundry card using your debit card and you're ready to go.
There is no parking available except for the paid visitor lot which requires you to buy tickets twice a day for $5 each, unless you arrange a temporary street parking permit directly with the city.
Samskipti við gesti
I am available to you via phone/text/email/Airbnb if ever you need anything, or if you have questions, and of course in person whenever we cross paths.
Annað til að hafa í huga
I normally work Monday to Friday and leave home around 7:15 am, but sometimes my hours are odd. Please double check schedules at time of booking.
During the week I try to stick to a routine and I'm usually in bed by 11. Occasionally friends or family will stop in on evenings/weekends.
• please remove shoes on entry (there is a rack in the entrance closet)
• front/balcony doors are kept locked at all times
• no guests of guests
• kitchen appliances and dishes are for light use only, and thank you for not frying fish or other strong-smelling foods
• guests provide their own food/groceries
• we clean up after ourselves, and avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink
I enjoy meeting positive people and engaging in authentic conversations. When I'm not working, I like to read, be outside, sip tea/coffee, relax, dance, bicycle, enjoy a meal or a drink out (ideally on a patio!) somewhere. I believe traveling (different from vacationing) is a sure way to shed our blinders and grow our perspectives.
As a host, I aim to welcome into my home people who appreciate that Airbnb is community of humans and is based on mutual respect and exchange. My apartment is my personal sanctuary, that I open up to share with people based on these philosophies. You are not a customer, you are my guest. That said, I am a busy professional, so may not always have time to interact at length, however I am always available via text/Airbnb message should you ever need anything.
As a traveler, I find I plan my travels more in advance as the years go by, however there is usually a "fly by the seat of my pants" element to my explorations! I like to make new spaces feel like home by bringing along things like my yoga mat and coffee press :) Wherever I find myself staying, it's very natural for me to extend the same care and respect to the space as I do in my own home.