READY to Rent! This comfortably modern, newly constructed duplex is located in the heart of the Big Bend close to the National Park (10 min away), and even closer (4 min) to both Study Butte and the Terlingua Ghost Town. Enjoy upscale accommodations with unlimited views of the stunning mountain terrain - including the Chisos Mountains and Santa Elena Canyon! Come stay and play in one of the most beautiful and conveniently located places around!
This listing is for one suite only (i.e. one half of the house). Each suite is a one room studio style bungalow, complete with a plush queen bed, cozy living room (with 2 futons), private bathroom and shower, kitchenette (coffee/tea maker, microwave, refrigerator, cooktop), WIFI, heat/air conditioning and a private porch. Four adults in one suite would be quite snug but is doable, and the futons are small but comfortable if you have 4 adults in your party and choose to book one suite only.
This place was designed and built by nature lovers for nature lovers. The elevation and orientation of the house allow you to enjoy as much of the mountain vistas, sunrises, sunsets and, of course, the immeasurable night sky as readily possible. Take in the beauty of Chihuahuan Desert from all angles. The location is one of the best around - easily accessible to any vehicle, a very short drive to both Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park, an even shorter drive to all of the local bars, restaurants and shopping, yet tucked away just enough it would seem like your own private paradise.
**If you would like to reserve both Suites you will have to reserve them each separately** (i.e. Reserving Suite A doesn't automatically reserve Suite B)
Samskipti við gesti
I live nearby and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Do not climb on the rocks - they may be loose! Please mind your children and do not let them climb on the rocks.
- The land here is remarkably beautiful. I would like to keep it that way. Please keep it safe and respect your natural surroundings - plants and animals included. Please do not dig up cacti or take rocks home with you or gather wood from around the property to burn in the fire pits.
- Every drop of water used in this house is hauled in with a trailer and pumped into the tanks - this is quite a job! Please try to be mindful of this and practice your desert dwelling skills by using water conservatively. Showers use the most water - so instead of the typical marathon run in the shower, try simply jogging a 5k. Also, shutting the water off while brushing your teeth is another great way to conserve.
- Note: the water is filtered through a UV filtration system and is safe for showering and brushing your teeth, but it is a good idea not to drink it. Drinking water will be provided separately for you.
- Please smoke outside only. Ashtrays are provided.
Terlingua has been my home since 2012. I moved here to get away from my cubicle and city traffic and to learn to be a raft guide. I haven't looked back since. I spend 8-9 months of the year here and spend the summers chasing whitewater further west. When I'm here, you can usually find me hiking, biking, rafting the Rio, or enjoying the sunset from the Terlingua porch. I love this desert paradise and love to share its natural wonders with visitors.